Paceville (pronounced Patch-a-ville) is the suburb in Malta where the young people go for their dancin’ and drinkin’.
If you haven’t been there before, Paceville is effectively a long stone staircase rammed with drunk kids trying to make themselves heard, in variously accented English, over extremely loud euro-dance music. If that sounds like something which would interest you, then get yourself down there my friend, and godspeed.
Some of the Attractions on offer include:
– The renowned Qube Vodka Bar bucket (to avoid confusion: this is a bucket full of vodka)
– The Nordic Bar’s tray of 15 tequilas for €9.95 (Bargain!)
– The Slingshot, which is not alcoholic, but is in fact a giant slingshot which propels humans up into the air very, very quickly
– About 3 or 4 ‘Gentleman’s Clubs’ in which you are unlikely to discover too many individuals answering to the description of ‘gentleman’.
– …along with some cinemas, a couple of casinos, some fast food joints, cheap & not-so-cheap hotels and various souvenir shops.
Look, we all like a party, and this is the best party-zone Malta has to offer. There are lots of bars and restaurants around Paceville and not all of them are filled with horny teenagers; in fact some are quite civilized. The St Rita steps are where it gets messy/fun (depending on your perspective), so you have been warned. But just so long as you know what you’re getting in for, go enjoy yourself!
(This is one of the Top 10 Things to Do in Malta)